This is a list of (and links to) key documents for drug education for England.
Advisory Group on Drug and Alcohol Education
- Drug Education; an entitlement for all – the report of the Advisory Group on Drug and Alcohol Education
- Government Response to the Advisory Group on Drug and Alcohol Eduction
- Effective Drug Education Survey – Drug Education Forum
- Drugs and Alcohol Education Report – Parentline Plus
- Drugs: Guidance for Schools – The DfES guidance to schools about drug education and drug issues in school
- Joining Forces – Guidance for the police about working with schools on drug education and drug issues. This document also applies to the police service in Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Drugs; Guidance for the Youth Service – a document produced by DrugScope and Alcohol Concern for those working in informal education settings.
- Drugs: Guidance for Further Education Institutions – a DrugScope document.
- Safe, Sensible, Social: Alcohol strategy local implementation toolkit – the government’s suggestions on how to develop a local strategy.
- The National Drug Strategy – a guide for local partnerships – London Drug Policy Forum’s guide to the national drug strategy.
- Smoking, Drinking and Drug Use Among Young People in England – an annual government survey of pupils between 11 and 15 year olds.
- Volatile Substance Abuse Mortality Reports – annual reports which includes data on deaths as a result of VSA amongst young people.
- Underage drinking: findings from the 2004 Offending, Crime and Justice Survey – Findings paper from the Home Office.
- Drug Education in Schools – 2005 report evaluating the quality of drug education programmes observed in schools.
- Healthy Schools Healthy Children? – an evaluation of the contribution of education to pupils’ health and well-being.
- Time for change? Personal, social and health education – an evaluation of the provision of PSHE.
- The Children’s Plan – the overarching plan for children and young people’s services.
- Drugs: protecting families and communities – the drug strategy 2008 – 2018
- Safe. Sensible. Social – the alcohol strategy.
- Aiming high for young people – 10 year strategy for positive activities for young people.
- Youth Alcohol Action Plan – the actions that the government want to take in relation to young people’s use of alcohol.
- Pathways to Problems: Hazardous use of tobacco, alcohol and other drugs by young people in the UK and its implications for policy – the 2006 report by the Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs.